Monday, July 23, 2012

Coming Home

Two and a half years ago, while in China, I was evacuated for five days through a blizzard. It's an experience that will stay with me for the rest of my days. It was last week in China, and I was so upset to not be spending it teaching. 


Possibly the most vivid memory of the entire ordeal was the day we were able to go back to the  flat. A woman who I'd met just days before but had become close to through the storm turned to me as we were driving down the drive way and said:


Do you feel as though you're coming home?


Very much so. I'll never forget that, that in the midst of coming home to NZ, I felt like Bethel was 100% my home, and I was returning home after this massive storm.


Now, five days before heading back to China for the first time since then, I'm having those same thoughts. Do I feel as though I'm heading home? Very much so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment