Sunday, May 2, 2010

Breaking barriers!

Tonight I had the oppurtunity to share a teeny tiny little iddie biddie bit about China. And I took it. Yes, thats right, tonight, I spoke the word "China" in front of more than three people.

The story I told:
In late-ish December, a friend of mine, Eve, emailed me about a song she had found called "I Will Exalt You" (which tonight, I got to lead in worship -- the fuel for telling the story, of course!). At that time, I was surrounded with huge amounts of great suffering, absolutely phenomenal, mind blowing stuff. At that time, I was struggling and I wanted nothing more than to come home to comfortable ol' enzed. But this song came at the perfect time. Some of the lyrics say:

"my hiding place, my safe refuge, my treasure Lord, you are. My friend and King, anointed one, most holy. Because you are with me, I will not fear."

We all suffer, lets be honest. Life really does suck sometimes. In China, I was faced with a great deal of suffering, but that is never a reason to not worship our God, because He is the only constant thing we have in this uncontrollable crazy thing called life.

* * *

So sharing that was like standing on top of the big pile of rubble that once was the barrier stopping me even mentioning China to anybody. I am on top of that pile of rubble now, saying "there is nothing holding me back now, Jesus has won this battle".

Its a good feeling :)

No comments:

Post a Comment